- If your tattoo is covered with a lot of hair, then it may be best for you to shave the hair first. This is especially so for a man having tattoo removal on an area where there is a lot of hair. While it is not essential for us to have the area hair-free, we may ask if we can shave that area in order to better see the tattoo. At LaserYou we use disposable razors so there is no risk of cross contamination or infection. However you may prefer to trim the hairs instead at home, and for that reason it is best to prepare in advance.
- Wear loose clothing. After we laser the area, we will apply a dressing and possibly also a bandage. For this reason it is best to wear loose clothing which is easy to remove if need be and put back on without causing friction to the dressing. For a foot or ankle tattoo it is especially important to wear open shoes so as not to disturb the dressing or bandage. You may want to bring a pair of flip-flops.
- If you need to be distracted while having your treatment, you could bring a set of headphones and listen to music while having treatment done.
- Make sure you are not tanned from the sun or have applied to fake tan or have been under a sunbed. We cannot treat tattoos with the laser on tanned skin.
- Let us know if your medical condition has changed. We cannot use the laser if you are taking certain medications or if you are pregnant.
You do not need to bring anything specifically for your treatment; at LaserYou, we supply a professional goggles to wear while undergoing Laser tattoo removal.